The Canton School Committee and the Canton Teachers Association have reached an agreement on a new contract beginning September 1, 2019 through August 30, 2022. Please review the Memorandum of Agreement, Proposed School Time Changes, and the Educator Evaluation before the ratification vote on Friday.Canton MOA 2019-2022 Unit A_ DRAFT proposed school time changes 190619 CPS Ed Eval DRAFT REV contract lang 190617
The Canton Teachers Association (CTA) is pleased to support graduating high school seniors in pursuit of higher education by offering scholarship(s) to members’ children.
Scholarships are funded solely through contributions made by CTA members and may vary in amount, based on the monies available each year.
Students interested in applying for the CTA Scholarship must meet the following selection criteria:
- • Students must be child of current CTA member.
- • Students must have at least a cumulative 3.0 GPA from their high school and provide the CTA Scholarship Committee with a copy of their high school transcript
- • After first semester freshman year, students must have a 2.5 average or better and provide the CTA Scholarship Committee with a copy of their college transcript.
- • Eligible candidates shall divide the available monies, with no scholarship exceeding $500.
- • Students/parents must present CTA with an official copy of first semester college transcripts demonstrating 2.5 or above GPA.
- • A letter will be sent to scholarship recipients after completed applications are received by the CTA Scholarship committee members.
- • Scholarships will be awarded after the first semester of freshman year.
Canton Teacher's Association Scholarship Information & Application-2018-2019
After today’s ratification vote, the proposed three-year contract between the School Committee and the CTA’s Unit E has been accepted with 64 votes to accept and 18 votes to reject. The contract retroactively takes effect September 1, 2018 and will be in effect until August 31, 2021.
A huge thank you to all our Unit E members for working so hard each and every day as well as your Negotiations Committee for tirelessly fighting for what you deserve.