The Canton Teachers Association (CTA) is pleased to support graduating high school seniors in pursuit of higher education by offering scholarship(s) to members’ children. Members do not need to reside in Canton.
Scholarships are funded solely through contributions made by CTA members and may vary in amount, based on the monies available each year.
Students interested in applying for the CTA Scholarship must meet the following selection criteria:
- Students must be child of current CTA member.
- Students must have at least a cumulative 3.0 GPA from their high school and provide the CTA Scholarship Committee with a copy of their high school transcript
- After first semester freshman year, students must have a 2.5 average or better and provide the CTA Scholarship Committee with a copy of their college transcript.
- Eligible candidates shall divide the available monies, with no scholarship exceeding $500.
- Students/parents must present CTA with an official copy of first semester college transcripts demonstrating 2.5 or above GPA.
- A letter will be sent to scholarship recipients after completed applications are received by the CTA Scholarship committee members.
- Scholarships will be awarded after the first semester of freshman year.
Canton Teacher's Association Scholarship Information & Application-2018-2019