The following students are the recipients of a CTA Scholarship in the amount of $150 for 2015-2016:
Ben Berkowitz-son of Holly Berkowitz, Grade 1 Teacher at the Luce School–Ben is planning to study International Relations at American University
Connor Finn–son of Lori Finn from Canton High School–Connor is planning to study Communications at Fitchburg State University
John McCarey–son of Susan McCarey, teacher at Canton High School–John is planning to study Physical Therapy at UMass Lowell
Maya Emerson–daughter of Jodi Emerson, teacher at the Rodman Preschool–Maya plans to major in Special Education at Wheelock College
Noah Healey–son of Kathleen Healey, teacher at Canton High School–Noah plans to study Mechanical Engineering at Clarkson University
Griffin Jerrier–son of Lori Jerrier, former Special Educator at the JFK–Griffin plans to study Civil Engineering at University of California Berkeley
Scholarships will be awarded to students upon receipt of their fall semester grades, indicating that they have maintained a 2.5 GPA or higher.
CTA SCHOLARSHIP Information
If you are interested in the scholarship you must meet the following selection criteria:
- Students must be child of current CTA member.
- Students must have at least a 3.0 GPA from their high school.
- After first semester freshman year, students must have a 2.5 average or better.
- Eligible candidates shall divide the available monies, with no scholarship exceeding $500.
- Students/parents must present CTA with an official copy of first semester college transcripts demonstrating 2.5 or above GPA.
- A letter will be sent to scholarship recipients after transcripts are received by the CTA Scholarship committee members.
- Money will be awarded after the first semester of freshman year.
Scholarship Applications can be found:
- On the CTA website
- On the CTA bulletin board in each building
- In the “Documents” folder on the FirstClass desktop