Yan Yii, Kim Willett, Justin Martin, Bridget Wade, Courtney Song, Carla Dumont, Katie Leazott, Janet Rigdon, Naomi Adagboyi, Susan Dunlap, Garrett Clancy, Natalie Fabbiano, Lisa Goode, Heather Lazaro, Jen Reilly, and Chris Untersee
Luce School, Room 13
Wednesday, March 11, 2020
Call to Order at 3:45pm
Review and acceptance of Meeting Minutes from February 12, 2020
- Not present
- Elections coming up – MAY!
- Confirm if you will be listed on ballot
- Will need contact people in each building to post flyers advertising positions and promoting election
- ALL officer positions are open as well as most committee seats
- Bulletin board materials distributed
- Budget update
- $996 for contract printing
- Paid for 3 members to attend ESP Conference
- MTA Conference booked 4 hotel rooms in Springfield (La Quinta Inn)
- Nothing to report
- Workers Comp denied twice – MTA needs more info
- All current committee members up for election and not returning
- Derek Folan will be chairing next year
- $520.55 current balance
- CTA Scholarship
- Finalized application to be distributed
- Currently have 8 students interested
- Lisa made a motion to have members notify of graduating senior children by September 30, seconded by Natalie – passed unanimously
- Future Educator Scholarship, 1 x $1,000
- Deadline for students will be Thursday, April 9, 2020.
- Applications will be available for pickup April 14, 15 and 16, 2020.
- Notify Anne Murray of scholarship recipient by Wednesday, May 6, 2020.
- Scholarship Night is scheduled for Tuesday, May 26, 2020 at 7:00 PM in the Morse Auditorium.
- Award presentation will follow the order in which we are notified of your recipient.
- Nothing to report
- Course reimbursement/graduate credit update
- March 1 – can start submitting courses for pre-approval for next fiscal year
- Summer courses start after June 1
- Director of Student Services Search
- First round did not find any suitable candidates
- Currently in round 2
- Yan running for NEA Director
- ESP Conference
- April 3-4 in Falmouth, MA
- MTA Annual Meeting of Delegates
- May 1-2 in Springfield, MA
- JFK Principal has resigned effective end of this school year
- Principal search will begin soon
- CHSPrincipal search will begin soon
- CLGF survey data
- To be compiled and emailed out
- Grievance update
- CLGF cross-level teams will be dissolved at the end of the year, missed meetings will be made up
- Come up with alternative ways to have meetings – no more missed class time or preps
- Possibly district-wide grade level teams?
- Seems to be very divided – building-to-building and even room-to-room
- Plan to have Reading and Writing Workshops to be district-wide?
- Focus on one at a time
- Receive materials in spring for following fall
- Bylaws last revised in 2004
- Other options for Presidency – Retired members? Co-presidents?
- Add a Retired Members Unit?
- Aim for amendments for May
- Jen Freeling (MTA Rep) to update on COVID-19
- Building-based issues/updates